Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Almost there! And something to do with stamps

So January 1st (ok, well, maybe the 2nd...we have plans for New Years Day) I want to go check my P.O. Box. So far I've looked in it three times, the day I got it, a few days later, and again today. It was empty the first two days, but today it wasn't! It had coupons and fliers, normal junk mail; but at least it wasn't empty!


We got a ton of stamps from a friend who was cleaning out their garage not too long ago. I used a few to cover a book, and my sister wants to use them for something as well, but I don't know if we will ever use them all. Well I was looking at Confessions of a Pen Thief's blog, and saw her post on things to do with canceled stamps. There was one, the Foxborough Regional Charter School Holocaust Stamp Project that I am going to send some stamps to (I am going to start clipping all stamps off envelopes). They want to collect one stamp for each victim of the Holocaust. They made a collage out of some of the stamps, "With Liberty and Peace for All"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia! I think what you're doing is so clever! I love to write letters, and these days it's hard to find people who enjoy snail mail. I'll be sending you a letter for sure.

    ReplyDelete