Saturday, February 4, 2012

Exploding cucumbers!

Yesterday I got some really interesting mail!
A postcard from Kate in Portland, Oregon (I just read a book that took place in Portland, If I Stay. It was pretty good!). It has a really cool stamp on the back!

I got some Exploding Cucumber (Cyclanthera Explodens) seeds from Jeff in Shelbyville, Indiana. I can't wait to try growing them!
Here is a video of one. Isn't it funny?

Connie in Cuddebackville New York sent me all kinds of fun stuff!
I really like the stickers on top! They are kind of weird, but really cute! She also sent me a bunch of postcards!!!
There is one with a picture of Rue Anemone...
It makes me think of a character in the book The Hunger Games, Rue. I'm pretty sure she was named after a flower, and now I know what that flower looks like! I highly recommend the book. I am so excited about the movie coming out in March! The previews I've seen so far for it look really good!

2 comments:

  1. CUDDEBACKVILLE?! Oh my goodness, it is so funny to see that place mentioned. Up until recently I lived just a couple of miles down the road from there. It really is such a small world! I can't believe there is a letter writer from there and I never even knew. I almost wish that letter writing was a team activity so you would know others who were a part of it in your area.

    Just read through your blog, keep up the great work :) (And Happy belated Birthday!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny! I've had a couple people nearby me send letters, that I hadn't ever met before. A small world indeed!

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete