Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Teacups and fancy letters

I received a letter from my dear friend Alex (Alexandra) in Lithia Springs, Georgia, and a postcard from Debra in Wauconda, Illinois.
I like all the different teacups on Alex's card! On the postcard from Debra, I like how the letters look like they're cut out of pictures. I'm going to have to try that some time! Debra works with postcards every day at the Lake County Discovery Museum. She has a blog too. I just wrote back to Alex, but Debra didn't put a return address on her postcard.

I have been thinking. I made that postcard book and filled it with postcards I had gotten from Postcrossing (the only ones I had at the time). Well that one is full, and I need to make another. I don't know, though, if I want it to only be of Postcrossing cards, and keep all the letters from my blog together, or if I want to include in the book postcards from other places. I like the idea of having all my postcards in the one book, but I also want all the letters from my blog together.

8 comments:

  1. I love the tea cup cards! Oh by the way... I have been trying to get you blog to post for a week... I finally figured out what is up! I have been looking for writing-letters.blogspot.com and it posted as Old Fashioned Correspondence. So-o, your blog has been posted to my blogroll since the first time I tried to put it up! Silly me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I am glad that there isn't some sort of glitch and that it is working :) Thanks for posting it!

      Delete
  2. I love the tea cups because I LOVE Tea Parties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea parties are fun! For my friend's 18th birthday we went to a tea house for lunch. It was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  3. O-o-o! I adore tea parties!! I have an idea for a mail related tea party... are you interested? If so post back on my blog so I am sure to see it and I'll tell you all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I was thinking of a mail art call for tea related mail art. Part of the requirements for participants would be to design/create a tea related mail art and enclose a bag of your favorite tea. In return for each piece of mail I receive I will send my own tea related mail art and tea bag. Once the mail art call deadline is over and I have received all the envies, I will scan them and post them on a sidebar page for everyone to enjoy with the tea that they received. The idea isn't set in stone so if you have any suggestions I would love for you to chime in! I love tea parties and hold an annual Mad Hatter's Tea Party every year in our gardens when the roses are in bloom. I think this would be a nice way to include my pen friends in some tea party fun!

      Delete
  4. Hm-m-m I hadn't thought about the tea acquisition... I will have to ponder how to distribute the wealth of tea amongst the participants...
    I will put out some feelers to see who might be interested in postal "tea party" and instead of doing a mail art call we could do a round robin... I'll let you know what I decide and when I will put the call out. Once I do you are welcome to repost to your followers so that they can join the party!

    ReplyDelete