Thursday, February 16, 2012

Singapore and some interesting mail!

I got a letter from Rachel in Singapore today! I love her paper! The stamp is really cool too! And the stickers are cute! Asian stickers and cartoons are so cute!
It's my first letter from Asia! She said that Singapore was colonized by the British in the early 20th century, so they have a mixture of western and eastern cultures. They speak English, but also Mandarin, Hokkien, and "Singlish", a mixture of English, Mandarin, Malay, and Hokkien. It would be interesting to visit, because there wouldn't be as much of a language barrier as there would be in a place like Japan.

So today there was a package on our front porch addressed to my dad. When I brought it in, I noticed that it had "Fragile" and "This side up" stickers on it, and although it was somewhat large, it was light. Nobody could remember ordering anything. When we opened it up, this is what we found!
My dad had called the company to tell them that their chips were too salty, so they said he'd get a free bag. Instead of just sending a coupon, they sent a whole bag of chips through the mail! I think this is the most unique package we've ever gotten...

5 comments:

  1. That box of chips is hilarious! I hope that this bag wasn't too salty, too.

    Also, in my experience, enough people in Japan speak English that it's not very difficult to get around. And it's a really awesome place :) But I imagine Singapore is, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't know if he tried the chips yet, but these should be unsalted!

      Really? I figured some people in Japan would speak English, but I've never been, so I really don't know how many... You've been before? I would love to go there...or anywhere, really. I've been a few places, but never out of the country.

      Delete
  2. That is some package! lol what company was it from? I want some free chips! haha! Just kidding! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol it's from Xochitl, they have really good chips! The funny thing was the return address didn't say the company name, it had some guy's name...I don't think that they're a very big company!

      Delete
  3. Really great post, Thank you for sharing This knowledge.Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete