Wednesday, February 15, 2012

International letters, state farmers market, and Valentine's Day!


How was your Valentine's Day? Did you get chocolate, or do anything special? My  parents gave me chocolate and candy hearts :)

Four new letters! Two of which are from outside the USA!
Melody sent me a letter from Washington D.C. where she is interning at the Smithsonian Postal Museum. She goes to college in Arizona. I would love to intern somewhere like that when I'm in college, it would be so interesting! She also drew some places from there, like the Washington Monument. I visited Washington D.C. a couple years ago with my family, it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately we didn't make it to the Postal Museum. Melody also sent me some Valentine's themed stamps. Some of them I remember from a little coloring book of love stamps I had when I was little. I didn't color all of them, because they were too pretty!

Anyway, I also got a letter from Susan, from Custer, South Dakota. It was my first letter from the mid-west. I think she's Melody's mom, because they have the same last name, and Susan said that her daughter was interning at the Smithsonian Postal Museum. I wonder if they knew each other wrote?

I got a letter from David from Poland! He has a blog here. He sent me a Polish coin, 20 groszy, and a few phrases in Polish!

The last letter is from Caddie, from Germany. She also has a blog, which is in English! She used really cute bear stationary!

So today we went to the history program at the National Archives in Georgia again, and it was very interesting, but I don't have anything to post from it (like the draft cards from last time). It doesn't have anything to do with mail, (except you could probably get some good postcard pictures there!) but on the way home, we stopped at the state farmers market, since it was on the way, and for once we had time. It was really interesting!
 As well as people like us going just to pick up some produce for home, restaurants and stores will buy their produce there. They also have little places, more like small stores, with other things in them, not always even food. They had a lot of Mexican/Hispanic foods. We tried some candy:
It was pretty sweet, but really good.

I know I diverged (quite a bit!) from the mail theme, but I thought this was interesting :) Hopefully you thought so too!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm really happy, that you recive my letter! :] but can you change "my blog", because I have other blog for poscards, letters etc. "http://moja-skrzynka.blogspot.com/" :]

    ReplyDelete