Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Letter Projects

Three letters!
The first is from Jenny in Winston, Georgia. She has a wonderful blog, The Modest Peacock. She also sent me some Earl Grey Tea! The second one is from Ontario, Canada. It doesn't have a name, it is from the Cue Happiness Project, an anonymous project to send out (and leave around) little cards to make people smile! I was sent three cards, so I think I will leave a couple of them around for other people to find!

Another similar project I found (I don't remember where!) is The World Needs More Love Letters. Both of these projects sound fun! I love the idea of leaving a note for a random person to find, knowing that it could really brighten up dark days.

Oh, I almost forgot! The last letter is from Gina in Ireland! I had seen her penpal ad on Julie's blog, and wrote her a letter.

Since Valentine's Day is coming up (I had almost forgotten about it!), maybe contributing to one of these anonymous letter projects would be just the thing! It would be fun to invite a few friends over, make some tea, and all write love letters! The only thing that would make it better would be if we had snow, instead of this 60°-70° weather we've been having here in GA lately!

11 comments:

  1. Hey Olivia!
    I was just wondering: Do you know why Laura's blog is offline? I had seen on your blog that you two have been exchanging a few letters / postcards. I wanted to send her something and went to her blog to check back for her address, but it's gone!
    We do have snow here, and I am glad I have already been to my PO Box so I don't have to leave the house again :)
    Anyways, I like your blog!
    All the best,
    Caddi

    EDIT: Just found it again! You and I, we'll have to update our blog list though :) Her blog is now to be found at http://2012langleyproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea she had moved!! I've been kind of busy lately, and haven't really been keeping up with everyone's blogs, so I didn't even notice! Thanks for letting me know!
      I'm glad you like my blog! I like yours too, especially the background of yours, the book pages!

      Delete
    2. :) Thanks! I took that picture of a book I was given by a good friend. It actually is a bible but you wouldn't understand a WORD (except for Jesus and God). Have a closer look at some of the words to know what I am speaking of :) It's written in a language called Guahibo, one of the native languages of Colombia.

      Delete
    3. That's really cool! So do you speak any Guahibo?

      Delete
    4. No, not really. I did learn some randomn basic words like "mother" or "love" but I actually don't even remember them. My friend there didn't know the language either, just some of his relatives. Otherwise I would have insisted in that he has to teach me :) There still are more than 20.000 speakers if I remember it right.
      Do you know any other languages than English?

      Delete
    5. I am learning Spanish, but that's about it. I know a word/phrase or two in German and French, but that's it. You speak German and English?

      Delete
    6. I speak German, English and Spanish (You can guess my English level ;) Spanish is a bit above that). I understand French (I learnt it for 10 years in school), but I'm no longer accustomed to speak it. I would need a week or two in France to get into it again :) I also attended a basic Chinese course for a year and a half, but it's a very slow learning process. I can count and do the smalltalk-stuff (like greeting, presenting yourself and your family, saying where you come frome, what you are doing etc), but I don't see me speaking Chinese to be honest :)
      I'd love to learn Arabic though.

      Delete
    7. Wow! I'm really impressed! I would love to learn Arabic too. I love their writing, too!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed visiting the world needs more love letters! I'm currently in the process of writing little notes to put in my purse and carry around to leave them at random places. Like maybe a dressingroom perhaps. Or a hotel room you are checking out of. Or just a local coffee shop or something! The idea makes me so happy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm glad you enjoyed it! We just went shopping last night, and I forgot to bring the couple of Cue Happiness cards I have! They would've been good to leave in the dressing room. I can't believe I forgot! The idea makes me happy too. I just wish I could watch, and see people's reactions when they find them!

      Delete
  3. Me too. I know it'd make my day to find a sweet note. :)

    ReplyDelete