Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fortune telling fish

I got a letter from Shannah in Louisiana this week. She sent a really cute paper doll notecard, and some scratch and sniff stickers. I haven't seen any of those in a long time! Michelle from Hawaii sent me a quote from Marilyn Monroe with her letter: "We should all start to live before we get to old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets." I like that! She asked me to send her a decorated quote back. Do you have a favorite quote? Some I like are:


“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” ― Mark Twain

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” ― Thomas A. Edison

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." ― Albert Einstein

And some funny ones...

“I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.” ― Jerome K. Jerome

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." ― Mark Twain

“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” ― Douglas Adams

I also received a letter from Rin in Australia.
I love the paper she used!
 Along with her letter she sent a fortune telling fish. I love it, it's so cute!

The last one, the postcard, is from Vicki in Boston Massachusetts. She took the picture of "Appeal to the Great Spirit", a favorite statue of hers, at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, then had it made into a postcard. I think that's really neat to get your photographs made into postcards. Another thing I've thought about, but haven't actually tried.

8 comments:

  1. glad you liked it :) I think they are super cute & Fun! Happy Mail Day! xo Rin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I showed my friends, they really liked it too!

      Delete
  2. Glad she got there safe and sound ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat! I adore the stationery that Rin sent. And the paper doll notecard from Shannah is really cute too. :) The fortune teller fish is so neat. Don't you just love getting letters in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! It is so much fun to see what people will send you, what paper they use, what they say, etc!

      Delete
  4. i've been thinking about drawing flags on the next letter i'm going to write, but this paper is SO MUCH BETTER! it's lovely.
    how does that fortune fish work? it sounds amazing, but i don't get how such a thing could tell your future? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the paper too!!!

      The fish is really thin plastic (like cellophane, I think). I think it is the heat of your palm that makes it move. Depending on if it is the head, tail, both, curling sides, etc. will mean something different (like jealousy, in love, false, passionate, etc.) It is pretty cool!

      Delete